Dear Customers and Partners,
As the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, I’d like to take a moment to personally update you on the actions SciChem is taking to ensure your safety, and that of our colleagues and suppliers.
The safety and wellbeing of our customers, colleagues and suppliers is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the UK Government’s guidance regarding the spread of the coronavirus and have set up a dedicated task force to help ensure our customers, colleagues and partners are kept updated as the situation develops.
Never before has the world needed science so much, and we understand the critical importance of keeping our supplies to you flowing as normal. By keeping people safe, we believe we will be best placed to continue to serve your needs, in order that you, in turn can keep operating. Whilst we know that there are many sectors which are severely affected by lock-downs and shut-downs, we are highly aware and sensitive to the needs of our customers, many of whom are in supply-critical sectors that must keep operating no matter what. We share in your stoicism and are equally determined to keep operating to assure your lab operations can continue to run safely 24/7/365.
Here’s what we at SciChem are doing:
- We have implemented remote working for office-based colleagues, to reduce the risk of infection to our warehouse and logistics team
- We have implemented multiple preventative measures, including further distancing of our warehouse team by opening up additional packing lines, implementing the wearing of gloves, and ensuring the frequent use of hand-washing, hand sanitiser and general cleaning—we now wash door handles, door plates, keyboards, desktops and benchtops multiple times per day with anti-viral cleaning agents and alcohol wipes, with a ‘use-once-only’ policy for any cleaning cloths or wipes
- We have implemented Skype for Business as a standard means of communication in place of customer meetings
- We have instructed any employees who are unwell to stay home and self-isolate—a practice we first implemented some weeks ago
- We have worked with our colleagues to understand that while we live in a time of what seems to be outward fear, it is important to remain inwardly calm and sensible—this ‘mindful’ practice is essential to feeling that we can and will get through this together.
Of course, our continuity of supply to you remains our priority, and by taking the above measures, we believe we are best placed to ensure we serve your needs accordingly.
We are also working non-stop to improve supply of sought-after hand sanitisers, disinfectants, cleaning agents and personal protective equipment including face masks, as fast as possible.
I believe that together we will come out stronger on the other side. If there are ways that we can help you through this, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Together with my colleagues, I thank you for your ongoing custom and partnership, and look forward to continuing to be of service today, and every day.